Friday, December 9, 2011

12 hours is a long time eh?

Have you ever sat in the same spot for 12 hours?
Drinking copious amounts of coffee, staring intently at two computer screens?
Searching for things to distract you on the internet until your left eye begins to twitch and you start talking with a fake british accent?

Obviously you can probably tell that I have done all those things. I have, in fact done all the aforementioned things today.
I am happy to say that I survived the ordeal and I am richer for it.
That should come in handy during this corporate sponsored holiday season. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas and all, but have you been to the mall lately? Zombies I tell you...all of them!
It's like watching a gigantic swarm of sardines scattering from a shark only instead of swimming away the swarm is rushing toward the blue god, whose pointy teeth hide behind his freakishly yellow faced smile.

"Hey kids, wanna apply for a high interest rate credit card"?
"How about some GMO food"? "Try it I just know you'll love it".


Can you tell I have deep rooted loathing for a specific big box store?
I feel as though their prices are ridiculously low. Why would anyone expect to be able to get fist sized strawberries in Ontario in the middle of December? I don't really need that ya know? I especially don't need to eat food that was blasted with chemicals and handled by 10-15 underfed, underpaid workers. Shipped across a shit-ton of water and sold to me for a meagre $3.50 CAD.

I don't think I will ever fully understand how that whole system of "mine, now, cheap, plenty, consume now think later" actually works, but it has proven quite successful until  recently....more and more people are actually beginning to taste their food, because they have genetically modified the flavour out of life. I used to be clueless and trustworthy....and cheap. I have since realized that although I support the effort of Guatemalan 'Snuggie' manufacturer's. I think they should sell their stuff in a regulated market and be paid properly and I can go buy a Canadian made 'snuggie' at my local retailer.

Last Christmas I wrote a poem about Wal-Mart, it was pretty lame-o; as are most of the things I put up here. Someone is reading it though...I think....
Anybody out there? Can anybody feel me?


People actually behaved like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment