Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lets talk about personal space, baby!

Let's talk about you and me, and how I would prefer if you don't touch me....

I really hope you read that in the tune of Salt & Peppa's big hit.

I hope you know what I meant as well.

I have a new job (yay) I love it, I am once again a functional, valuable member of society.
So functional in fact-that I haven't had time or energy to come on here and give ya' a piece of my mind!
Well, I'm back! I am FINALLY adjusting to my new schedule, and I have come to love my early mornings, up before the sun, I still have time to be lazy like before. I just lounge for shorter periods and less frequently .Overall it's been rather nice.

I do of course have some beef. Why else would I be blogging? I would like to take this opportunity to impart some wisdom on the people in my city (and others) that I have gleaned from being so reclusive and such for the last few months.

Being alone is great, we all love it.
When you're alone you can toot, scratch the inside of your nostril with a pen, or pick your ear and smell it with no objections. It has taken me some getting used to; being out in this big blue world again. I have had to remind myself that it's ok to talk to strangers, and after about a week I had to remind myself that it's ok to pretend to not speak english and bow your head to avoid eye-contact with those crazy bastards.
I feel sometimes like I'm living in a post-zombie apocalypse world.
It's a fucking zoo out there people.
I think most people have gotten so distracted by their hand-held computer worlds, that they have down right forgotten how to act.

Privacy means nothing anymore!
People have no shame bringing their cell-phones into the bathroom at work, tooting and tinkling away while they speak to their kids teachers about their painfully dull children.
On monday I was sitting next to a young man on the bus who actually lifted a butt-cheek (away from me) to squeeze out a toot! It gets worse, he was on his cell phone talking about a girl he fucked (loudly) while he did this.

Seriously.....I have no words.

It's bad enough that these types of people will constantly walk into you on the street, because they can't be bothered to observe their surroundings, but toots? On the bus? Honestly?
I understand sometimes they just fall out, and thats embarrassing, but to PUSH out a toot? On purpose?
For shame!  

I've also started to go to the gym a few times a week (yay) I usually attend group exercise classes.
I love the way I can just go there, do what they tell me to do, and get fit.
It takes the guess work out of exercise.
On the other hand, when I leave a group exercise class I always feel as though I should be tested for an STD or the bubonic plague.
Stop sweating on everything!
WTF?
In yoga class this week I actually saw a woman spread apart her....curtains, to scratch an obviously persistent itch. That is the shit you do on the couch. You don't do it on the bus, you don't do it at the gym, and you especially don't do it at your desk.
I would have thought that being constantly glued to a little camera would make people more aware of their actions.

I like to pretend Im about to have my picture taken at all times when Im out in public.
I learned this behaviour from having a Facebook.
It may seem shallow to some , but when was the last time anyone ever said to you,
"OMG did you see Trish the other night?, I think she has roids"

A little food for thought.
Or a little shit to go with your giggles.






and just for fun.....






No comments:

Post a Comment